Preventive dentistry aims to maintain your oral health at the highest possible level. It includes all measures that prevent the development of caries, orthodontic anomalies, gingivitis, periodontitis, and procedures for early detection of caries.
How to maintain proper dental hygiene?
An individual’s daily personal hygiene begins with brushing their teeth and flossing. This way, the formation of dental plaque, which is the main culprit in the development of dental caries, is prevented.
The toothbrush removes plaque and microorganisms on all tooth surfaces. Floss, interdental brush, and mouthwash are used to remove dental plaque from the interdental spaces.
Good oral hygiene must be maintained from the earliest childhood throughout life.
Prevention procedures include:
- Introduction to proper oral hygiene with a demonstration of proper tooth brushing techniques
- Instructions for proper use of dental floss and mouthwash
- Tooth fluoridation procedures
- Fissure sealing of young permanent teeth
- Instructions on proper eating habits, regular check-ups
- Cleaning tartar and soft deposits
- Making dental guards